What is a Progressive Web App (PWA)?
A middle ground between a mobile-friendly website and a mobile app, PWAs deliver a mobile app-like experience.
– Load faster; Low data usage.
– Cheaper and quicker to develop.
– Bypasses the app stores; One app for many OSs (Android, iOS, Windows, etc.).
– Updated from backend; no app store updates required.
– Some native hardware features (like FaceID, NFC, etc.) become inaccessible for the app.
• Pinterest– Time Spent: +40%, Engagements: +60%
• Trivago– Engagements: +150%
• AliExpress– Conversion Rates: +104%, Time Spent: +74%