Economic Times Global Business Summit
Broad theme of Global Business Summit 2020– ‘Collaborate to Create: Sustainable Growth in a Fractured World’.
Date: 6th March 2020
PM Modi’s statements include:
- With the MUDRA scheme, more than Rs 11 lakh crores of loans were disbursed to first-time entrepreneurs and youth without a bank guarantee.
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code was a step to bail out genuine businesses from the crisis.
- World’s largest health insurance scheme is being implemented by India.
- Six years ago, highway construction speed was 12 km per day, today it is 30 km.
- Six years ago, 600 km rail line was electrified, last year we did 5300 Km.
- Our airports are now handling over 34 crore passengers as against 17 crores six years ago.
- In India, trains getting late was routine. But for the first time, a culture has been brought where passengers are being refunded their money in case the train is late. This is just a start.
- Turnaround time at major ports 6 years ago was around 100 hours. Now it has come down to 60 hours.
- RERA virtually wiped out black money from real estate. IBC opened up new vistas for debt distressed businesses and brought back a lot of the money stuck in them.
- We brought Vivaad se Vishwas to bring in tax reform in India.
- In 2019, the country got nearly $48 billion in foreign direct investment. This growth has been over 16%.
- India attracted $19 billion of private equity investment last year, which was a growth of 53%.
- We are among the top countries which have the lowest corporate tax.
- Our policies are clear, fundamentals are strong. When we came in 2014, we were at number 11 in the global economy, today we are at number 5.
- India is one of the largest contributors to UN Peacekeeping Forces, our troops are protecting people abroad.
- The govt is trying to bring each section out of inaction. Using Direct Benefit Transfer, we changed the status quo. Several crores of money reached the right beneficiaries.
- We changed the status quo with 10 per cent reservation to EWS.
Gold miners employ (human) resources to add gold to circulation. In bitcoin's case, the resources… Read More
Scarcity is an effective motivator. Google did this for Inbox, sharing a small range of… Read More
The theoretical computation of brain activity may get us an exact copy of one's brain… Read More